Responsibility of Furniture Transportation Company
Information on liability provisions in accordance with article 451 of the German Commercial Code:
- Principles of liability:
The company is liable for damage caused by loss or damage to the goods in the course of its work in unwinding, transportation and installation.
- Maximum liability:
The company’s liability for loss or damage falls within the amount of 620 euros per cubic meter of loading space required to fulfil the contract.
If the delivery period is exceeded, the company’s liability is limited to three times the shipment amount if it is liable for a breach of a contract relating to the performance of the contractual obligation to compensate for damage that is not caused by loss or damage to the goods or by exceeding the delivery period, If the damage is not under the heading of damage to property or causes personal injury In this case, liability is limited to three times the amount to be paid in case of loss of goods.
- Compensation for losses:
The liability was incurred by the furniture carrier, and the value must be compensated at the transport’s place and time of acceptance. In case of damage to goods
The difference between the value of undamaged goods and the value of damaged goods must be paid. Based on the value of the commodity at the place and time of the damage, the value of the commodity is determined by market price.
The furniture transport company is discharged from liability if the loss, damage or excess of the delivery date is due to an unavoidable circumstance, and the furniture company could not avoid it even with the utmost care.
- Special reasons for exemption from liability or damage:
- The furniture transport company shall be exempted from liability if the loss results from the transport and storage of precious metals, jewelry or precious stones or
Money, stamps, coins, securities or documents.
- PIC is also exempt if the packing boxes or packaging materials are insufficient by the customer if the latter is under contract obligation to pack.
- It is also exempt if the customer handles, loads or unloads the goods if he is contractually obliged to do so.
- The company is not liable for goods transported in containers or stored in the company’s warehouses, if not packaged by the furniture carrier
- Loading or unloading goods whose size or weight does not correspond to the space available at the loading or unloading point, provided that the furniture carrier warns the customer of the risk of damage by prior notification.
- Likewise, in the case of transport and storage of live animals and plants.
- The natural or defective condition of the goods, which means that they are particularly vulnerable to damage due to their particular nature, in particular through breakdown, breakdown, rust, internal damage or diversion.
- If there is damage which, according to the circumstances of the case, may have arisen from a risk listed under the 1 to the 7. liability “, the damage is presumed to have arisen from this risk, and the company can only invoke the special grounds for exemption from liability if it has taken all actions against it under the special circumstances and has followed instructions.
- The warehouse secretary is not responsible for damage caused by nuclear energy, radioactive energy or radioactive materials.
- Competence of exemptions and limitations of liability:
Exemptions and limitations of liability also apply to claims for non-contractual liability for loss or damage of goods or for exceeding the delivery period, provided that the furniture carrier does not act intentionally, recklessly or almost certainly anticipate that damage is likely to occur.
The above limitations and exemptions of liability also apply to the employees of the furniture transport company.
- The furniture transport company’s authorization for another transport company:
If the company commissioned another furniture carrier, the latter would be liable in the same way as the delegated company as long as the goods were under its supervision.
- Transport and storage insurance:
It is possible to secure goods outside the scope of legal liability at the customer’s request and for additional wages to be paid, in which case the furniture carrier will receive transport or storage insurance.
- Damage notification:
Apparent damage and loss of goods must be accurately recorded on delivery receipt or damage report upon delivery.
These damage or losses to the furniture removal company should be reported in detail in a text form (email, letter, fax).
no later than the following day.
2. Unseen damage and losses must be reported from abroad to the furniture transport company within 14 days of delivery, and also in the form of a text message.
In the absence of a claim for damages and losses during the periods specified above, the right to claims for compensation shall be waived.
4. The period of notification to the Company by the Customer of any 21 days’ demands shall not exceed the date of the completion of the transfer, subject to the loss of the claim to meet the deadlines.
- Transport of dangerous goods:
If the removal goods include hazardous goods (such as gasoline or oil), the customer shall inform the carrier in a timely manner of such goods (e.g., flammable materials, crackers. etc.)